Master Hand Knitters Meet-Up
Did you start the Master Knitter program and not complete it? Or would you like to become a Master Hand Knitter?
- WHEN: Join us for the Master Hand Knitters course on Tuesdays, starting October 1st
- WHERE: Fabulous Fiber Arts and More
716 Totem Way, #100
Ketchikan, AK 99901
- TIME: 12:30 – 3:30
Bring your lunch and join us at Fabulous Fiber Arts as we get together to work on the course together get guidance, encouragement and support for the Master Hand Knitters (MHK) Course. This group will be free-of-charge.
INFORMATION ABOUT MHK CAN BE VIEWED UNDER CERTIFICATION AT TKGA.ORG OR THE MASTER HAND KNITTERS/FORUMS ON RAVELRY.
September & October Happenings at
Fabulous Fiber Arts and More
As Summer comes to an end and Fall approaches it’s time to come get your craft on!
Winter Hours start September 30th
- Sunday 12 PM – 4:30 PM
- Tuesday thru Saturday 10 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday 10 AM – 7:00 PM
Fall KAL’s (knit-a-longs)
Knit Purl Hunter’s Mystery Shawl KAL “Audition” starts October 10th – the shawl is knit using the lovely shades of Simplicity Spray or Simplicity Tonal by HiKoo® and is paired with two skeins of solid HiKoo® Simplicity. Our other KAL’s include any of the Artyarns Shawls that we have in the store or the beautiful Trimont Snood. Stop in the store for more details and too join the fun.
Join us anytime for social knitting and to get help with our Fall KAL’s. If you have completed any of KAL’s by December 31st, 2019 you will be entered in a drawing for a gift certificate from Fabulous Fiber Arts.
- Spring Knitting Retreat – Fabulous Fiber Arts and More is looking ahead to Spring and we would like to put together a knitting retreat this year with classes, food, and fun. Would you be interested in joining us for a weekend of fun? Please call the shop or stop by and sign up so we know if this is something we should go forward with.
- Ketchikan Residents Sock Club Special – Sept. 1 – Sept. 30th Save $5 when you join the sock club. We are running a special for our local Ketchikan people who join our AK BiMonthly Mystery Sock Club. Sign up and get your first package today. Then starting October 5th come in to pickup your next sock club package. Each package contains one hand dyed sock yarn and exclusive pattern from either Raven Frog Fibers or Robin’s Nest Fiber Arts. You will receive a new pattern and sock colorway every other month, October through April. Sock Club
- Artober Art Walk – October 4th, 5pm – 8pm Celebrate the start of fall in style with the Art’s Council, Fabulous Fiber Arts and your other local businesses, featuring local artists, great food and music. Fabulous Fiber Arts will have snacks, Art Walk sale specials and an in-store drawing. Come join the fun!
- Learn to Knit Socks – Have you wanted to learn to knit socks or do you want to join our sock club and need to learn two at a time socks? We have two class options for you to choose from: Sunday, September 29th & October 6th 1:00 – 4:00 or Friday, October 11th & 18th 2:00 to 5:00. The class is $30 or if you join our Sock Club it is a FREE class. We will be doing a “class sock” to get you started knitting socks.You will need worsted weight yarn and size 5 or 6 double point needles to do the class sock. (You need to know basic knitting)
*To register for classes either call the store or go online to fabulousfiberarts.com
- October 31st – Halloween Special Come Trick or Treat and draw a discount between 10% – 25% off one item and even a Halloween gift certificate. (Excluding sale items, discount valid on 10/31 ONLY- One Discount Per Customer).
Wacky Wednesday FUN
- September 18th – 20% off ALL Noro
- September 25th – 20% off Mountain Meadows Wool
- October 2nd – 15% Koigu
- October 9th – 15% off Cascade 220 Sport
- October 16th – 30% Cascade 220 Pillows
- October 23rd – 20% off Kathmandu Aran
- October 30th – 25% off Findley DK and Llama Una
Keep an eye out for our November Newsletter. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to keep up with in-store specials, knitting classes and more.
Check our Events Calendar and Facebook for our Wacky Wednesday Sales and In Store Specials
NEW this year our 25% off table
Do you like fine yarn? Bring your creative self to Fabulous Fiber Arts and More!
We’re a full-service Locally owned Yarn Store in downtown Ketchikan, Alaska. Downtown by Ketchikan’s Creek Street behind Parnassus Books.
We offer locally hand dyed and commercial dyed yarns, classes, Kint-Alongs (KALs), Group Knitting, locally designed quilt and knitting patterns, and More.
We’re your one stop shop for yarn, books and patterns. We have had several different locations and names over the years, but have had the pleasure of being your local fiber store for several years. Come play with us!